Saturday, July 15, 2006

Rip It!

Sucky Seed StitchWhen your knitting's going wrong,
You must rip it!
When your sleeves are far too long,
You must rip it!
When your pattern's gone awry,
You must rip!

Duh-nuh, duh-nuh, duh-nuh

I say rip it!

Duh-nuh, duh-nuh, duh-nuh

Rip it good!


Lesson learned with my seemless baby cardi: Seed & stockingnette have very different stitch gauges. Their row gauges are relatively close, so the side bands look fine, but the bottom band ruffles. So the bottom band needs a smaller needle. It's ok, because my buttonholes suck, and according to Knitting in the Old Way, a horizontal buttonhole should sit with its outer edge at the center of the placket, so the button slides into it and falls centered.

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing so hard right now. That song (well, the original version) has been stuck in my head for weeks but it has been replaced by your version!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, however, I moderate weekly, so your comment may not appear for several days. If you have a question, please remember to post your contact info. Thanks!