Thursday, August 23, 2007

On the Needles

click to enlargeI checked out Cables Untangled from my library, and I give it 5 stars. Though I've experimented with traditional rope cables, this book helped me wrap my brain around twists, and how to knit without a cable needle. This swatch is my lesson, and also the beginnings of a possible project.


click to enlargeI'm recycling yarn from an old baby hat that was too small to begin with. My sister made it on the Knifty Knitter, but as she discovered, babies's heads are bigger than we think they are, and the twisted stitches of loom knitting don't stretch much.


click to enlargeI'm almost finished with these socks. I can hardly wait until it gets cool enough to wear them! I've got another pair OTH, but I couldn't snap a photo today since they're stashed at work, for lunch break knitting.


click to enlargeMy Oil Slick Cardi-Wrap is down to the waist. Now I'm trying to decide how to make the belt, so I've consulted and compared other patterns for ideas. So far, I like the look of a similar garment in Stitch-n-Bitch Nation. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, however, I moderate weekly, so your comment may not appear for several days. If you have a question, please remember to post your contact info. Thanks!