Friday, February 11, 2005

Coney Island Scarf from Stitch 'n Bitch

Coney Island ScarfI just love Deb Stoller's book. I realize that knitting has been around for centuries, but along with other skills, handcrafted work has been fading since the industrial revolution. Now I feel like I'm in the middle a DIY surge in America. I went to the Internet to find any inkling of knitting resources, and was I shocked! Other knitters are out there - in the MILLIONS!

I searched and found a local Stitch 'n Bitch club, and went to my first meeting this past Sunday. I met about 20 very nice ladies, who all were knitting something amazing. It was the most relaxing fun I've ever had! I cast on this scarf there, now it's finished! I can't wait to start something new, but what? I guess it doesn't matter what I make. I just love to knit!


Coney Island Scarf Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, however, I moderate weekly, so your comment may not appear for several days. If you have a question, please remember to post your contact info. Thanks!