Saturday, February 19, 2005

Yarn Plans

Knifty Knitter Fun Fur ScarfYes that's me, proudly wearing my first encounter with yarn - a loomed Fun Fur scarf. Nowadays, I'm more interested in needles and hooks. Buried in piles of yarn, my space needs a knit and crochet efficiency facelift. I separated my yarn into color groups, and arranged them some skeins into a dresser drawer. I still need lots more space, so the rest is in suitcases and beach bags. I'm considering selling whatever I can, to make room and money for my dream yarn lounge - a leather sectional, a fresh cedar chest, huge coffee & end tables with a bookshelves, and creative lighting. I'm brainstorming on how to make a living out of my new obsession too. You know they say, "Do what you love, and you'll be successful." Just who are they anyway? Maybe someday I'll create a book or a DVD. I fantasize about opening a yarn cafe, where I can sell yarn, books, coffee, tea, sandwiches, pastries, and knitting lessons. If I could find a crafty old lady to invest, I could run the place, double her money, buy her out, and live happily ever after. I also made my first yarn-buddy. We haven't met in person yet, only online. Gina's got a great blog at KnittingSolo. I can't wait to hang out and just knit on and on.... I've also listed my needles on Ebay. So far I've been lucky selling my stuff - I've made over $100, in a week! A few of these auctions will end soon, so I've got to run....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, however, I moderate weekly, so your comment may not appear for several days. If you have a question, please remember to post your contact info. Thanks!