Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Piece of Cake

This post has nothing to do with knitting, except for why I haven't been doing it as much lately. My DD and I signed up for a 4-week Wilton cake decorating class, and here are our (ahem) masterpieces. Before you diss my chunky icing, keep in mind that I didn't use Crisco, but substitued palm oil and butter. They're better for your body, but not as smooth as the chemically altered stuff. I also used organic flour and sugar, so the only thing artificial in our cakes is the food coloring. If it weren't required class material, I'd just settle for different shades of chocolate.

All the cakes pictured are long gone. Next week, we'll learn how to make roses.

First Cake

Second Cake

DD's Cake

5 comments:

  1. I found your blog this month when I put in a google search for crochet felted flower. You have inspired me. I am dreaming of yarn again. Although I am not yet ready to try knitting again, My crochet work is taking off!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I made some cookies with organic sugar today. The texture was a little weird because the cookies were similar to a meringue.

    Hated to miss last knit night but my knew mixer ROCKS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cakes! I would love to take one of those classes... I'll have to put it on the list of things to do once I find a new job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, however, I moderate weekly, so your comment may not appear for several days. If you have a question, please remember to post your contact info. Thanks!