Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Crochet on the Double

I've been carrying this hook around ever since I first started playing with yarn, so I finally gave it a go....

Cro-Knit

Whether you call it cro-knit, crochenit, double-ended crochet, or crochet-on-the-double, it's all the same. I tried it, and I like it. These potholders are both sides of the same basic stitch. It reminds of garter stitch, only bulkier and prettier.

Michaels has 101 Double-Ended Hook Stitches by Annie's Attic, which I may snag with the next 40% off coupon. Funny, they don't carry the actual hooks!

Wait! I'm not supposed to buy any yarn-stuff till 2008. I'm proudly maintaining my willpower, and have only succumbed to one measly $1.25 ball of cotton yarn for my dishcloth pal, which qualifies as a gift, and my one "get out of jail free" card is still unredeemed.

Oh, and here's that cloth....

Modular Knits Dishcloth

2 comments:

  1. Cute dishcloths, especially the pink ones! The April/May issue of Crochet Today magazine has the cutest Tunisian crochet bag pattern - pale sage green with a shell-stitch border, and a cross-stitched rose on the front. You can look at a picture of it here -http://www.crochettoday.com/articlepage.aspx?articleid=111.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your blog off and on for months, but don't believe I've ever posted before now.

    I love the dishcloths, and am even happier to learn what that combination crochet and knitting needle hook I have in my stash of needles is! When I first began knitting, I bought a lot of various sized metal needles off eBay. One of those hooks was in the lot. I never knew it's purpose until now!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, however, I moderate weekly, so your comment may not appear for several days. If you have a question, please remember to post your contact info. Thanks!