Sunday, November 11, 2007

Crochet Stuff

Today was Michaels' annual Great Yarn Event. All week long, every yarn is discounted from 30% to 50% off. To kick off the sale, my job was to set up a table of full of project samples, yarns, and class information. I also had to perform knitting and crochet demonstrations, but with only an hour dedicated to each project and having to juggle the PR work, I only managed to finish one project - this crochet newborn cap.


Occasionally I need a break from complicated, lingering projects. Working on something for hours, only to STILL be in progress can be frustrating. Sometimes I want instant gratification, or just need to keep my hands busy so my mind can ponder on something else besides needlework. A simple crochet dishcloth is the perfect remedy. A few nights ago, I whipped up a granny square dishcloth, straight from the label of Bernat Handicrafter cotton yarn. I don't remember what I was thinking when I made it, but after the sweet little quickie, I slept very well that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, however, I moderate weekly, so your comment may not appear for several days. If you have a question, please remember to post your contact info. Thanks!