Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Basketweave Cardigan Progress

my flickrIn addition to a fun toy, this cardigan will make a cozy Christmas present for my nephew. The pattern is developing wonderfully, and it only looks complicated. I'm working the sleeves via the magic loop, to ensure symmetry, but it makes for a bad photo, since one sleeve is twisted 180°.

There may be enough leftover yarn for a hood, but I've never knit a hood before. Maybe this close to Christmas, a hat is better, in case I can't finish in time.

I love this Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece yarn. I've got 4 more skeins of it in 2 colors. I wonder, will it be enough for a top for me? If not, I'll buy 2 more skeins for my first 2008 yarn purchase, so I can make something in a colorful slip stitch pattern.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to try that Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece too. Maybe one day I'll find some cheap on Ebay. A hood shouldn't take too long, I don't think. It's just a glorfied rectangle. I'm looking forward to seeing the sweater when it's done!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, however, I moderate weekly, so your comment may not appear for several days. If you have a question, please remember to post your contact info. Thanks!