Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Yellow Jasper Wool with Kool-Aid

Yellow Jasper WoolThis is one whole skein of Lion Brand Fishermans Wool, dyed with a combo of Berry Blue and Tangerine. Sorry, in my excitement, I forgot the ratio's, but I believe it was 2 or 3 of each. Somehow, I didn't dissolve the Kool-Aid well enough, and ended up with some dark green splotches on the yarn, but in the end, it produced a nice variagation that reminds me of yellow jasper stone. Still, I'm not sure what I'll make with about 450+ yards of this - maybe a bag or a nice scratchy scarf?

1 comment:

  1. That's an interesting color. I have a (to be felted) bag I'm nearly through knitting that I knit from LB's Fishermen's Wool.

    I wished, after the fact, that I had dyed it before knitting, but I've been thinking about dying the bag when I finish it, but before felting it. I seriously like that color, so it's Kool-Aide shopping for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, however, I moderate weekly, so your comment may not appear for several days. If you have a question, please remember to post your contact info. Thanks!