Monday, January 10, 2011

Moonlight Mohair Cowl

Wrap Thingy Cowl in Lion Brand Moonlight MohairAfter all the holiday knitting was done, I wanted to treat myself to a quick, warm, yet pretty project. This is practically the easiest thing to knit, basically a rectangle folded and sewn into a cowl. For all you Ravely members, the pattern is Wrap Thingie by Strikkelise, though I changed the stitch pattern from seed to American moss. The yarn is Lion Brand Moonlight Mohair, a strand of variegated mohair twisted with a sparkly strand of manmade stuff.



Lion Brand Moonlight Mohair in Rain ForestUp close, the yarn knits like this. Pretty! I have to say, it's mohair, so the scratchy factor is there, but after washing, like with all my animal fibers, I gave it a final rinse with some all natural hair conditioner, rosemary mint by 360, and it softened a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, that is so darn pretty! I love it! :-) Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you, however, I moderate weekly, so your comment may not appear for several days. If you have a question, please remember to post your contact info. Thanks!