Sunday, April 17, 2005

Knitting Thoughts

Various DIY Crafting Project
From L to R (roughly): My lesson in increasing is a seed-stitch headscarf, adapted from Stitch 'n Bitch, one of my favorites.

My DD and DFN are beading nowadays. They make beautiful glass bead jewelry, which I actually wear. I'm going to ask them to incorporate my row-counters into jewelry.

I have new ball-tipped yarn needles. I daydream of a new knitting project to sew, even though I STILL haven't finished Raven's Val-Day sweater.

My DF gave me a calculator, so I'll quit borrowing his. There's no gauge I can't tackle!

From the Weekend Crafter, my DD's b-day gift to me, I knitted a little purse for her with 2 yarns and 2 buttons.

I just got my first German Inox Express needles in the mail from EZ's SchoolhousePress.com, so I'm prepared to embark on a new journey: Knitting two socks at once, on one circular needle, with rainbow sock yarn.

I'm reading the unlimate knitting handbook for the second time. Montse Stanley is a yarn goddess. Her Knitter's Handbook thoroughly covers every technique. Coupled with Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches, I'd consider these two the most essential books in my collection. They're both published by Reader's Digest, one of my favorite magazines too.

My Foxy by Red Heart magic scarf is 75% finished, and it feels even better than it looks. My DD saw the free pattern flyer at Wal-Mart, and just HAD to have it. The pattern calls for 60 sts around on 10 mm needles, but I made her's smaller with 50 sts.

Stashed around my bedroom, I have lots more yarn skeins. As I admire them daily, I try to imagine what they will become....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, however, I moderate weekly, so your comment may not appear for several days. If you have a question, please remember to post your contact info. Thanks!