Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Short Row Toes

After over two hours of knitting, I finally produced two beautiful short-row toes for my first pair of real-sock-yarn socks. I did the first one on dpn's, then started directly on the circs for the second. After a few rounds, I saw that the first sock's gauge was a little looser. It dawned on me that Susan Bates dpn's are 2.75 mm, while Inox Express circs are 2.5 mm, and they both are a size 2.


Since I wasn't 100% satisfied by the way the short row wraps look the multi-color Bernat Hot Sox yarn, I frogged the socks. Now I'm on a mission to find the perfect toes. I'm going to meet Gina tomorrow for a knit-together, so hopefully she can show me the Queen Kahuna Aloha Cast-on that she keeps raving about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, however, I moderate weekly, so your comment may not appear for several days. If you have a question, please remember to post your contact info. Thanks!