Friday, April 22, 2005

Magic Socks

I visited my new knitty friend Gina yesterday at her home for the first time. We had a blast! I brought some KFC snackers, Fat Tire beer, and my knitting bag. She showed me around her room - her huge stash, UFO's, FO's, and her growing book/mag collection. We watched Knitty Gritty first, and then knitted socks. She very patiently showed me Queen Kahuna's Aloha cast-on for toe-up socks, which included a German cast-on lesson too.


She had some Elann Sock it to Me yarn that she didn't like, but I've been eyeing self-striping yarns, so she traded me 4 skeins for the provisions. So instead of the acrylic Hot Sox I'd brought, I used her wool/nylon Elann. I knitted via the magic loop, she did two circs, and despite all the beer, we managed to get most of the way through the toes. We chatted and knitted until almost 2 am! I'm happy that we've become such good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, however, I moderate weekly, so your comment may not appear for several days. If you have a question, please remember to post your contact info. Thanks!