Friday, October 30, 2009

Hot Pink Gloves

Hot Pink GlovesI knit my first pair of gloves! The pattern is from Ann Budd's The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. It is one of my most favorite knitting pattern books, with basic patterns for hats, tams, mittens, gloves, socks, scarves, vests, and sweaters, the latter two which can also be cardigans. The patterns are written in a chart system, so you can match your yarn gauge to your garment size. Altogether, it adds up to probably hundreds of combinations. This book should be in every knitter's library, from newbies to the experienced.

The yarn is Patons Classic Merino Wool in That's Pink. This line has been discontinued and replaced with Patons Classic Wool - no merino. I used about 3/4 of a skein.

The schematics for the woman’s medium fit my hand perfectly. CO K1P1 tubular, 44 sts on #1’s. Worked ribbing on #2’s. Changed to #4 for the rest of the glove at 6 sts/inch.

Followed pattern exactly, except used Linc & Rinc on thumb gusset. Also, when working the K2tog’s to close the fingertips, I used the #1’s so the last round of sts are smaller, making a neater finish when you cinch them.

I followed the helpful tip in picking up more stitches (four instead of one or two) to begin the fingers, then decreasing on the next round.

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you, however, I moderate weekly, so your comment may not appear for several days. If you have a question, please remember to post your contact info. Thanks!