Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Book Meme

Vy tagged me.

1. Total number of books I own?
I have 30 yarn-related books, and well over 100 of other kinds of other books. I have a weird variety - mostly cooking, crafts, philosophy, history, computer programming, holistic medicine, sheet music, poety, self-help, and fiction. Lots are still packed away in boxes, because I lack a nice big bookshelf. My DD has about 50 books, but we need to donate several because she's outgrown them.

2. The last book I bought?
In one fell swoop: 220 Aran Stitches & Patterns, Cool Crochet, The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns, The Ultimate Knitted Tee, and Making Bead and Wire Jewelry.

3. The last book I read?
I flip through a few knitting books every day. The last one I read was Knit and Crochet With Beads. The last non-knitting book was The Guide to Owning a Rat. Yes, that's right, I now have a pet rat. I'm foster mom for the summer, until he returns to school in the fall with my DD.

4. Five books that mean a lot to me?
Knitwise, Stitch 'n Bitch, Knitting Without Tears, and Knitting in Plain English are very inspirational. Knitter's Handbook and The Ultimate Book of Stitches are my essential handbooks.

Books that have improved my life include, Life 101, Toxic Parents, Simple Abundance, and You Can Heal Your Life

5. Tag five people and have them fill this out in their blogs.
I tagged my 3 Secret Pals (general, socks, and stitch markers) and Gina. Nobody I'm close to actually blogs, and my most of my favorite bloggers are strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you, however, I moderate weekly, so your comment may not appear for several days. If you have a question, please remember to post your contact info. Thanks!